Phono bake-off

Subjects that don't have their own home
TheMooN
User

#931 Re: Phono bake-off

Post by TheMooN »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:52 pm BUT before you go to sleep - please note, *it is important*, we were commenting on and taking the piss out of WHAT YOU WERE DOING AND SAYING, not you, we didn't know you from Adam.

Well there you go Bigman, I am sure that makes you feel so much better about all the abuse and comment trash talking your honesty and integrity Same warped logic as his ludicrous make it up as It suits him Ad Hominem :roll:
Last edited by TheMooN on Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mainscablesrus
Old Hand

#932 Re: Phono bake-off

Post by mainscablesrus »

Yes the Phono 2 especially with the extra power supply sounded very good indeed last weekend.
You can't change how people treat you or what they say about you. All you can do is change how you react to it.
Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Old Hand

#933 Re: Phono bake-off

Post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Bigman and Moony - The shilling / scamming performance at AoS was hilarious and completely worth taking the piss out of. Sadly AoS wouldn't allow it, or most other forums, especially the more well known ones, the only forum with the honesty to do it was HFS.

That is part of the job of HFS. It is time again to quote the first post in that forum room, and as you will see we were just pursuing our job title.

The Purpose

Post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:18 am

This forum room is going to go through *yet another* spate of attacks by the look of it, so perhaps it is time to make its purpose plain.

The purpose is to shine a light on the bullshit, con men, egotists et al who populate this industry and are also trying to take over the hi-fi forums. Now obviously there are a lot of my choices amoungst them and there are a lot of people out there who hate the fact we have shone a light on their behaviour. They will try to find opportunity to fire back, all I can do is hopefully give them nothing to hang on us but lies.

Now that does not make my opinions or posts gospel, any member of our forum can agree or disagree with my posts and I welcome it, and as long as ad hominem is avoided all opinion will stand.

I also want this forum room to be a standard bearer for those who believe they have been harmed or conned by a business or a forum or forum member. You can always make your case here but please try to be factual and not just bitter, though emotion can obviously be expressed.

There is a need for this room as all the other forums operate a cartel of silence where it is written into their rules that no other forums or forum members can be discussed, under this censorship rule a whole span of nastiness has been hidden. So bring it here we will shine a light on it, we don't have large membership but we have a large readership.

As this is now the subject of this thread your opinions on this forum room can be expressed and argued here, but again remember address the post not the poster.
Ant
Shed dweller

#934 Re: Phono bake-off

Post by Ant »

I quite like my benedict audio hothead, really nice sounding unit, odd 47v power supply, i wonder what a psu such as the ones dave sells would do to it.
We all know its all about the power supply.

In a side note, had a really nice gammon joint with cauliflower cheese for tea, homemade curry tomorrow
Also starring Rex Hamilton as Abraham Lincoln

www.bte-designs.weebly.com
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#935 Re: Phono bake-off

Post by pre65 »

Ant wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:41 pm
with cauliflower cheese
A very underrated dish. :)
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
TheMooN
User

#936 Re: Phono bake-off

Post by TheMooN »

"The purpose is to shine a light on the bullshit, con men, egotists et al who populate this industry and are also trying to take over the hi-fi forums"

All the sins and worse that you have accused MCRU of over several years, Whome despite retaining his modus operandi unaltered you now deem worthy of association, so what has changed , or have you realised that there is money to be made out of this miraculous Volte-face.
Cressy Snr
Amstrad Tower of Power

#937 Re: Phono bake-off

Post by Cressy Snr »

was out to lunch today with an ex colleague.
Had a nice tikka masala with rice and a pint of Fosters.
Lynn had scampi. It was nice to catch up.
Sgt. Baker started talkin’ with a Bullhorn in his hand.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Old Hand

#938 Re: Phono bake-off

Post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

TheMooN wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:54 pm "The purpose is to shine a light on the bullshit, con men, egotists et al who populate this industry and are also trying to take over the hi-fi forums"

All the sins and worse that you have accused MCRU of over several years, Whome despite retaining his modus operandi unaltered you now deem worthy of association, so what has changed , or have you realised that there is money to be made out of this miraculous Volte-face.
Are you brainless, incapable of reading a post, it seems so. Go back and look and you will find it explained perfectly well.
Last edited by Dr Bunsen Honeydew on Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cressy Snr
Amstrad Tower of Power

#939 Re: Phono bake-off

Post by Cressy Snr »

Lemon curry?
Ali Tait
Eternally single

#940 Re: Phono bake-off

Post by Ali Tait »

pre65 wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:48 pm
Ant wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:41 pm
with cauliflower cheese
A very underrated dish. :)
Never could stand it.

Did have a hoooge steak the other night, cooked by my beloved, seeing as it was our anniversary. Yum!
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#941 Re: Phono bake-off

Post by pre65 »

Ali Tait wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:59 pm
seeing as it was our anniversary.
Well done you both. :)

I quite like haggis.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
Clive
Old Hand

#942 Re: Phono bake-off

Post by Clive »

Ant wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:41 pm I quite like my benedict audio hothead, really nice sounding unit, odd 47v power supply, i wonder what a psu such as the ones dave sells would do to it.
We all know its all about the power supply.

In a side note, had a really nice gammon joint with cauliflower cheese for tea, homemade curry tomorrow
The Benedict is great, I still have it. I reviewed it for enjoythemusic. I too wonder what a better PS would do.
TheMooN
User

#943 Re: Phono bake-off

Post by TheMooN »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:58 pm
TheMooN wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:54 pm "The purpose is to shine a light on the bullshit, con men, egotists et al who populate this industry and are also trying to take over the hi-fi forums"

Are you brainless, capable of reading a post, it seems so. Go back and look and you will find it explained perfectly well.
More than capable of construing your Warped logic and Hypocracy, is this your best deflection of a direct question ?
Cressy Snr
Amstrad Tower of Power

#944 Re: Phono bake-off

Post by Cressy Snr »

Roast Beef.

In the inside there is sleeping, in the outside there is reddening, in the morning there is meaning, in the evening there is feeling. In the evening there is feeling. In feeling anything is resting, in feeling anything is mounting, in feeling there is resignation, in feeling there is recognition, in feeling there is recurrence and entirely mistaken there is pinching. All the standards have steamers and all the curtains have bed linen and all the yellow has discrimination and all the circle has circling. This makes sand.
Bigman80
User

#945 Re: Phono bake-off

Post by Bigman80 »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:52 pm BUT before you go to sleep - please note, *it is important*, we were commenting on and taking the piss out of WHAT YOU WERE DOING AND SAYING, not you, we didn't know you from Adam.

SOOO when you joined HFS you made very little comment about what we were saying or had said, all the posts were personal and at me, the same as they are here. Do you have the intelligence to actually see that, or doesn't it fit your agenda, which is still very much being Fireybums shill.

Some way you have to deflect the bad publicity from the bake-off, so make it all about me and not about product.
I have nothing to deflect. The results are as published by the men and women who attended. (Did I just assume peoples gender??!!!) There hasn't been any bad publicity for anyone. No one has said anything there was poor apart from Lindsay (Akai) and me (Furutech).