Rocky Rides Again

What people are working on at the moment
Toppsy
Shed dweller

Post by Toppsy »

Cressy,

Don't know anything about these tubes but a copy of the data sheet for the 5B225M attached. Apparently the 5B255M has identical characteristics as 5B254M.

You can find more on:

http://frank.pocnet.net/sheets52.html
Attachments
5B-254M.pdf
(125.42 KiB) Downloaded 392 times
little eddy
Old Hand

Post by little eddy »

I was interested in your choice of transformers and use of 'Potting Boxes'.

From the bluebell site, the similarly rated enclosed Hammond 370HX would appear to be less expensive than the 260G yet is probably a higher spec transformer. If I had to buy new, why wouldn't I buy the 370HX over the 260G?

Hammond do not recommend the 125GSE for "Hi-Fi" applications but they are approx half the price of the enclosed 1627SEA. At what point does it become worthwhile using the more expensive variant? Would this be overkill on the Rocky?

You have bought 'potting boxes'. Is this just for aesthetics or did/can you fill these with epoxy? If so is this a worthwhile upgrade and worth the effort/cost? How much are the boxes?
cressy
Shed dweller

Post by cressy »

i was recommended the transformers by phil at bluebell and the price difference at the time wasnt an issue so i went with his recommendation, the potting boxes are just there for asthetics rather than filled, when i got them they were 13.00 apice as far as i remember