Goodbye

Nick
Site Admin

Post by Nick »

Greg wrote:
andrew Ivimey wrote:I didn't grow by one inch when I got married!!!
Clever :D

Actually, after I got married, I started to lose height :wink:
Correlation is not causality.
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
andrew Ivimey
Social Sevices have been notified

Post by andrew Ivimey »

Guffaw, if I wasn't locked on a barren island with only a n Android phone I could say much.... Snirt pschiatry, dammit I can't even see what I am typing, prozac family,consider the older drugs!!! I quite Luke valuing but mothers little helper is dangerous, women in the workplace,hoe a tiny %rage of any community can duck things up and so on but we really do live on only one planet so we should make the best of it.
Philosophers have only interpreted the world - the point, however, is to change it. No it isn't ... maybe we should leave it alone for a while.
Paul Barker

Post by Paul Barker »

Yes to get the context right.

Prejudice in whatever form is the problem not women per se or men per se.

But the point I wish to make is the ones who normally cry prejudice are equaly prejudicial when the tables are turned. but that prejudice is not as widely advertised or legally supported. similar situation exists in domestic abuse when it is the woman abusing the man.
"Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not yet completely sure about the universe." – Albert Einstein
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Mike H »

Can we rename this topic to 'Still Here' :D

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
Paul Barker

Post by Paul Barker »

Or we could merge it with nothing in particular.
"Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not yet completely sure about the universe." – Albert Einstein
richardcooper2k
Old Hand

Post by richardcooper2k »

It should come as no surprise that during the evolution of mankind to be successful and procreate, males and females developed in some ways which are different. So it should come as no surprise that men and women behave differently and different approaches. Some of this is learned and some not.

Male and female types can both be productive or disruptive in their own ways. In female dominated environments the male approach to getting things done can be percieved as a threat. I think i have experince of this but see no reason why the opposite shouldn't be true in male dominated environments.

On the medication issue i think the whole thing is a mess. Nearly all the reseach in this area is done by drug companies who obviously have a vested interest in selling drugs. This is where the GPs and other medics get the majority of their info from as far as i can make out. And not just in mental health of couse. Statins for example.

Dr Mercola's website is interesting in all of this (drugs, diet, etc). Although i'm sure he has his own biases it is interesting to hear some informed info from another perspective.
Thoughts are just little stories that our brains tell us !
andrew Ivimey

Post by andrew Ivimey »

I've just read my post,above. Sorry, I guess I need more practice.I am clumsy and a wildfire s is rather small.
Philosophers have only interpreted the world - the point, however, is to change it. No it isn't ... maybe we should leave it alone for a while.
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Mike H »

Quite understandable, no worries! :D

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
Dave the bass
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Dave the bass »

Ban him!

DTB

PS. Twice!
"The fat bourgeois and his doppelganger"
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Mike H »

lol .. :lol: