Is BT Openzone the latest virus?

I think we all know by now what this section is for.
Paul Barker
Social Sevices have been notified

#1 Is BT Openzone the latest virus?

Post by Paul Barker »

because I am an Orange business mobile phone user I get free Orange Broadband. So I don't wish to partake in BT Openzone's marvelous offer of broadband for £5 a month. £5 is cheap, but it more costly than FREE!

Therefore I don't want my android phone or my Ubuntu computer to be hacked at startup by BT Openzone which puts itself right at the front of the connection queue whatever it's signal is and sets itself as the home page, and convinces the phone and the computer that it is "connected" when it is not! So either device rests assured it has a connection.

I have found with the computer I have to at start up very quickly disconnect then very quickly select my orange connection from the list quickly put my password in and I am OK. But if I am not quick enough the computer is content (whatever it says about being disconnected) to be connected to BT Openzone.

Surely there is a governing body of the air waves that one can report BT Openzone to to stop it hacking devices like this.

On the android I am so sick of having to go through the menus every time, I just leave it on 3gs at home (which is a good signal so about as quick anyway).

Can't you block this connection in Android or Ubuntu? I can't see how to, and the web searches just lead to how to block it in Windows or how to actually connect to the darned thing!

anyone else got this virus?

And by the way if you change your webpage on android away from BT Openzone, imediately you come out of that screen where you have changed that setting. There it is again BT Openzone. It is acting like a virus.

i used to think Microsoft were the worst virus, but now I think it is BT.
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by pre65 »

On the computer, can you not disable BT in the start up menu ?

I get to my start up menu via CCleaner but there are other ways.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
colin.hepburn
Shed dweller

Post by colin.hepburn »

Yep BT is a pile of crap these day I have had speed issues for the last three weeks when I phoned them and went though all their routine checks then asked to take my phone socket front cover off and all the other bull shit they then said we will move you to level two and that they would contact me in 48 hours

well this never happened so three days in I phoned them again only to go though the same process again and when I said we have already gone though this and established there is no problems at my end at this point he said sir it is how we proceed
I then said to him we have done this three time already for the same problem how many more time do we have to do this we are getting know where

so it ends with I cannot get past this point I then gave up I mean what can you do there isn't even a complains department you seem to be locked out of any complaints options :x :x
The problem is bloody off shore call centres and no customer care what so ever
Colin
The Blues man ImageImage