Bristol Hi-Fi Show

Greg
Social outcast

#1 Bristol Hi-Fi Show

Post by Greg »

There has already been an expression of interest on the WD forum so I thought I'd post here as well.

Bristol 'Sound & Vision' Show is a popular one in the circuit and I know members here like to attend. 22nd - 24th February. £10 entry plus available discounts. Marriott City Centre Hotel, Lower Castle Street, BS1 3AD.

Anyone interested? If so, I would again be happy to arrange an affordable lunch venue for a relaxed meet up. What day would you like to attend? I can do all three if necessary, but Friday is best as not so busy.

Let me know what you think.
mainscablesrus
Old Hand

#2 Re: Bristol Hi-Fi Show

Post by mainscablesrus »

Greg wrote:There has already been an expression of interest on the WD forum so I thought I'd post here as well.

Bristol 'Sound & Vision' Show is a popular one in the circuit and I know members here like to attend. 22nd - 24th February. £10 entry plus available discounts. Marriott City Centre Hotel, Lower Castle Street, BS1 3AD.

Anyone interested? If so, I would again be happy to arrange an affordable lunch venue for a relaxed meet up. What day would you like to attend? I can do all three if necessary, but Friday is best as not so busy.

Let me know what you think.
well myself and Nick will be there all 3 days manning my stand so please bring us a sandwich and a can of pop! thx
You can't change how people treat you or what they say about you. All you can do is change how you react to it.
Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi
Greg
Social outcast

Post by Greg »

Hi David,

It'll be good to see you and Nick at the show. Most people (includes members of the WD forum) wanting to network a meet seem to favour Saturday so I will be setting up a lunch venue for that day. As it appears you and Nick are going to be there for the whole show, I'll have a discussion with Nick (because I have the personal links to him) to see if I can further facilitate the enjoyment of your show weekend.

Regards,

Greg
mainscablesrus
Old Hand

Post by mainscablesrus »

Greg wrote:Hi David,

It'll be good to see you and Nick at the show. Most people (includes members of the WD forum) wanting to network a meet seem to favour Saturday so I will be setting up a lunch venue for that day. As it appears you and Nick are going to be there for the whole show, I'll have a discussion with Nick (because I have the personal links to him) to see if I can further facilitate the enjoyment of your show weekend.

Regards,

Greg
What is your last name mate so I can book you a staff badge, thx!
You can't change how people treat you or what they say about you. All you can do is change how you react to it.
Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi
Greg
Social outcast

Post by Greg »

I'll send you a PM.
gazjam
User

Post by gazjam »

Just rejoined Forum, didn't realise it was Nick's.
Hi.

I'll be at the MCRU stand as well, demonstrating my new Audio Server.
Be there all 3 days.

Forum looks a good place to hang out btw :)
Nick
Site Admin

Post by Nick »

gazjam wrote:Just rejoined Forum, didn't realise it was Nick's.
Hi.

I'll be at the MCRU stand as well, demonstrating my new Audio Server.
Be there all 3 days.

Forum looks a good place to hang out btw :)
I just host it, it belongs to the members.
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
gazjam
User

Post by gazjam »

course it does, you know what I mean Nick.
:)
Greg
Social outcast

Post by Greg »

An update. There are three members from the WD forum who want to meet up for Saturday lunch. I'm co-ordinating this so anyone else on this forum who is attending and wants to join in, please let me know so I can ensure you'll get nicelly fed and watered at a local real ale establishment. I'll post joining in in instructions tomorrow to make it all dead easy.
peperoni
User

#10 Visit

Post by peperoni »

Hi Greg

Ian and I will be there I hope (if he gets his butt in gear) so should see you round.

Nick
Greg
Social outcast

Post by Greg »

Hi Nick,

It'll be great if you and 'fat boy' can make Saturday. I'd much like to catch up with you after your extended Christmas holiday :wink:

Greg
Greg
Social outcast

Post by Greg »

For those wanting to meet for a chat during the show on Saturday, I suggest we meet at 12.00 MD at the MCRU (Mains Cable 'R' Us) stand which is situated in the conservatory on the Terrace and Conservatory level where the Terrace Grill is.

Food and drink at the venue is very expensive and it is difficult to sit together for a good chat. We can have lunch at 'The Barley Mow' PH which is about ten minutes walk away. It is a traditional local pub selling good real ale and providing simple but good affordable food. http://www.barleymowbristol.com/

Remember to get your hand stamped at the hotel door on leaving to ensure your re-entry without charge in the afternoon.

Look forward to meeting you all on Saturday. I'll be looking out for Stanton, Martin, Peperoni, Ian, Matthew and John Caswell. Nick Goram will already be on the MCRU stand and I hope he will join us.