General health matters.

Subjects that don't have their own home
jack
Thermionic Monk Status

#481 Re: General health matters.

Post by jack »

andrew Ivimey wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 2:16 pm ... said I had an athlete's heart... I haven't... Physician, heal thyself!
He probably meant/said "athlete's foot" and you should have replied "tinea pedis" - get some Daktarin... 8)

(*) This just reminded me of Daktari... I used to love that!
Vivitur ingenio, caetera mortis erunt
Nick
Site Admin

#482 Re: General health matters.

Post by Nick »

Or are they setting a very low bar
Probably, this was just Eyesight, Blood pressure, Urine, and a resting ECG. One stop shop for £135.
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#483 Re: General health matters.

Post by pre65 »

I started feeling a little off colour about 16:00 Monday afternoon, so went for a little lay down. I stayed in bed all night, only getting up (about every two hours) with abdominal cramps and very watery diarrhea, not very nice or convenient. :(

I spoke the the doctors yesterday, and the nurse rang me back, seems if there is no improvement in 7 days they will have to take some sort of action. They don't recommend stool solidifiers (ie Immodium) unless I absolutely need to go out. So I've cancelled all this weeks social activities and staying close to the toilet. :wink:

If I'm honest, it's not quite so bad at the moment, I've got some rehydration salts now, and beginning to nibble on rich tea biscuits.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
Cressy Snr
Amstrad Tower of Power

#484 Re: General health matters.

Post by Cressy Snr »

Too much information. :)
Sgt. Baker started talkin’ with a Bullhorn in his hand.
jack
Thermionic Monk Status

#485 Re: General health matters.

Post by jack »

Cressy Snr wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 12:14 pm Too much information. :)
Beat me to it...
Vivitur ingenio, caetera mortis erunt
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

#486 Re: General health matters.

Post by Mike H »

Sorry about that Phil. I had something vaguely similar a while back but in my case it was from eating lamb – can't do it, or mutton, 'disagrees with me'. :D

To continue – Tuesday this week just gone was the seventh aftercare revisit to the Podiatrist. On this, and the prevous visit, she is having to break up the scabs a bit to let the crap out from underneath. Did I mention that the underneath is taking longer to heal (because of the chemical burn), or in other words, the top surface wants to heal faster. (I think I did.) Then she says "Does that feel better?" and I reply "Yes, now that you've finished poking and squeezing them" :| Yeech. We're hoping there'll be no need for more of that and we can let them dry out; we'll find out on the next visit, next Tuesday (15th).

PS: I am now using their recommended taxi service (Angels Taxis Boston, tell your friends, shameless plug), they're only charging me a fiver each way, it's normally £6 something if someone else does it...

PPS: I am still using the one-size-too-large, virtually brand new, never-been-worn (because they're too big) moccasin slippers to step outdoors for any reason, because they have the extra room to accomodate dressings. I'm glad I bought them, and also that I didn't chuck them out on finding they're too big.

PPPS: today the post lady rang the bell and then knocked, I got there and said "sorry I can't walk fast", she said "No it was just to make sure", then I remembered the doorbell receiver is in the conservatory, so probably might not be able to hear it too well from standing on the front doorstep...

Laters...

PPPPS: funny thing happened today, I'm sitting in my armchair with feet up on the footstool (not just because of the op, I do that often anyway); ankles crossed, browsing t'Internet for camp sites I might want to do next year, and I get an itch on the sole of the left foot, and I was going to try scratching it with the big toe of the right foot, but stopped myself in time remembering it ain't got no nail any more so that's not going to work. So that's one thing I've discovered I could do before but now I can't. :D

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
Dave the bass
Amstrad Tower of Power

#487 Re: General health matters.

Post by Dave the bass »

Mike H wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 10:09 pm .... browsing t'Internet for camp sites...
"The fat bourgeois and his doppelganger"
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#488 Re: General health matters.

Post by pre65 »

Much better day today, it seems the "bug" has packed his bag and taken his leave.

I felt better, but weak, upon rising this morning (11ish) and now need to get the digestive system back to full working order. I've been careful with food type, and quantity, so far, and avoiding hot caffeinated beverages for a day or two.

My next social engagement is walking on Tuesday morning, so should be OK by then. :)

Edmund Burke

IslandPink
Amstrad Tower of Power

#489 Re: General health matters.

Post by IslandPink »

Good news !
"Once you find out ... the Circumstances ; then you can go out"
JamesD
Old Hand

#490 Re: General health matters.

Post by JamesD »

Glad your feeling better Phil... us old foggies need to take care of ourselves...

I'm just getting back to normal from my reaction to the 4th COVID booster I had 4 months ago - touch and go for a while but seem to be getting better now. Funny thing was it took out my ability to communicate and that is only just returning - my wife said many days I hardly said five words... Sent out my first emails last week and just back on the forum so things are better.

Ciao

James
andrew Ivimey
Social Sevices have been notified

#491 Re: General health matters.

Post by andrew Ivimey »

Good to hear you're in the land James! - strange reaction though.

I'm in Hexham today - also strange.
Philosophers have only interpreted the world - the point, however, is to change it. No it isn't ... maybe we should leave it alone for a while.
IslandPink
Amstrad Tower of Power

#492 Re: General health matters.

Post by IslandPink »

Things are definitely better, with even your limited thoughts on the forum, James !
"Once you find out ... the Circumstances ; then you can go out"
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

#493 Re: General health matters.

Post by Mike H »

@DTB ... :thumbright: Gotta be done innit...

@Phil & @JamesD ... excellent! :D

Mine – another visit to the podiatrist Tuesday, more poking and squeezing and new dressings, told to take them off today, have done, not weeping again yet this time, good sign? They look a bit different too. But aching a bit for no obvious reason. Don't know what that's about.

Next check-up visit is Saturday.....

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
Daniel Quinn
Old Hand

#494 Re: General health matters.

Post by Daniel Quinn »

I've decided I'm not a nice person as I have become intolerant of people's minor health issues .

Should they have the temerity to mention them in conversation , I quickly trump them them with I've had a hemorrhagic stroke of the basil ganglia and only 2 in 10 people survive.

Kills the conversation immediately.
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#495 Re: General health matters.

Post by pre65 »

Daniel Quinn wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 6:33 pm
I've decided I'm not a nice person as I have become intolerant of people's minor health issues .
However bad your health problem was, there will always be someone worse off, so they could trump you. :wink:

Edmund Burke